Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This blog was born
out of desperation,     
a broken heart,          
a desire to create a digital haven for others on life's path,              
one place to keep track of all I had found,                   
and a repository to record thoughts and ponderings.                         
I am a Christian.
             a woman.
                   a sister.
                         an aunt.
                             a friend.
                                  a teacher.

As a teacher, I continue to watch my former students from afar-- as they are growing up and beginning to make their own life choices. They are all young ladies now with lives of their own. The pictures they have posted, the lyrics they have shared, conversations open common viewing, and personal philosophy they've espoused  have either scared the livin' daylights out of me or given me joy unspeakable that "my children" are walking with the Lord. Here I hope they find an alternative to popular culture, answers they might seek, and courage to do right!

Girlfriends are a gift from God!  Many of mine are married with daughters and sons of their own.  Now, they are seeking to raise the next generation in the fear and admonition of the Lord.  Mommies are busy people! I hope they find here links to articles and ideas as they seek to carry out this awesome and holy calling.  To the few wonderful, amazing gals that are single (like me), I pray the Lord allows you to find peace, rest, and hope here.  In very dark hours I prayed for a PFD to stay afloat in the murky waters and found that purity forever defines.  If you feel alone, scared, frightened, hurt, upset, irrate, or are searching for answers, looking for acceptance, or are curious, friend, you are not here by chance!  It's my prayer that you come to know or have an even better relationship with the Author of Romance.  If He uses any of the stuff I've found to help you--then I praise Him. You are wanted and accepted here.  I'm a sinner, saved by His grace; so don't worry, friend, I'm  not picking up any rocks to cast your way.

Being an aunt is a blessing! I love shopping for clothes, but finding modest, cute, age-appropriate clothing is an uphill battle.  It's my prayer that Kenzie early learns the principles that took me decades to assimilate into my life. Oh, that she would learn now as a little girl to trust in the Lord with all her heart and lean not on her own understanding, acknowledge God in all she does, and follow His pathes.

That bittersweet ache of loosing my best friend because she had a new best friend for life, her hubby--I remember that time.  Being my younger sister's maid-of-honor holds many wonderful memories; yet as I watched her take her vows, I joked to myself that at least my name was not Leah! Now ,I wonder just when my youngest sister will find the "halls of highest happiness."   Buying new school supplies with Kenzie, playing with Brandon, and sharing in all parts of my niece and nephew's lives, yet I ponder...

I know what it is to love, to be held in the highest esteem, to be rejected, and to be defrauded.  Only because of Christ's love and sacrifice am I made whole and clean.  He loves me with an everlasting, holy love.  He understands me on those days when even I would rather not be around myself. This season of my life He has become more precious and real to me. May I introduce you to the One who loves you with a jealous, righteous, protective, love?  He wants to have a relationship with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment